...as in the imperative (i.e. you, youth, progress). This blog is updated by politically active young people. Issues that will be discussed are those which concern young voters and are of concern to young voters.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Update: Stevens' Opposition to Net Neutrality

The senator who lead the charge against the direly needed Snowe-Dorgan Net Neutrality Amendment was none other than Ted "Porky" Stevens (R-AK). In his remarks, Porky demonstrated a stupendous ignorance for what he was talking about:

I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially.
For more Stevens' "I don't understand crap about technology" hilarity, please visit the links at the bottom of this post.

The impending consequences of the 11-11 deadlock on the Snowe-Dorgan Amendment are scary enough without the realization that the very same congressmen who determine technology laws can be so technologically stupid.

More Information:

Stevens' Complete Testimony (Audio) (courtesy of Public Knowledge)
Your Own Personal Internet - 27B Stroke 6 (Wired Magazine Blog)

1 Comments:

Blogger progressyouth said...

I have to leave a comment here so I can get the link that says "go back to original post" so I can get the permalink for this article. Trust me, it's the easiest way to do it.

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home